Response of adrenal cortex of new-born rats to stress stimuli
- 15 Downloads
The reaction to stress was studied in rats of various ages. It was demonstrated that from the very first day of post-natal life there is an eosinopenic reaction following stimulation by electric current and intra-abdominal introduction of adrenalin.
KeywordsPublic Health Adrenalin Adrenal Cortex Stress Stimulus
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- N. V. Mikhailova, Doklady Akad. Nauk USSR, 88, 3, 579–582 (1953).Google Scholar
- E. Z. Yusfina, Theses of the Conference on Problems of Evolutionary Physiology of the Nervous System. Leningrad, 1956, pp. 183–184. In Russian.Google Scholar
- I. A. Eskin, Uspekhi Sovremennoi Biol., 42, 3, 343–355 (1956).Google Scholar
- J. W. Jailer, Endocrinol. 46, 420–425 (1950).Google Scholar
- R. S. Speirs and R. K. Meyer, Endocrinol. 45, 403–429 (1949).Google Scholar
- R. S. Speirs and R. K. Meyer, Endocrinol. 48, 316–326 (1951).Google Scholar
- J. C. Thompson and R. F. Blount Endocrinol 54, 620–626 (1954).Google Scholar