Effect of porosity on the temperature generated in sintered materials during grinding
- 15 Downloads
A description is given, with the aid of a mathematical model, of the effect of porosity upon the temperature generated in work during grinding.
Data are presented enabling the extent to which porosity changes the temperature in the surface layer of a sintered part to be assessed with adequate accuracy for practical purposes.
The results of the theoretical and experimental investigations have revealed certain features in the thermophysics of machining of porous materials that have a bearing on the development of surface finish in the grinding of sintered parts.
KeywordsPorosity Mathematical Model Surface Layer Experimental Investigation Porous Material
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. A. Metalin, Surface Finish and Operating Properties of Machine Parts [in Russian], Mashgiz, Moscow-Leningrad (1956).Google Scholar
- 2.S. G. Red'ko, Heat Generation Process in the Grinding of Metals [in Russian], Izd-vo Saratovsk. Univ., Saratov (1962), 231 pp.Google Scholar
- 3.P. I. Yashcheritsyn, A. K. Tsokur, and M. L. Eremenko, Thermal Phenomena in Grinding and Properties of Ground Surfaces [in Russian], Nauka i Tekhnika, Minsk (1973).Google Scholar
- 4.N. N. Rykalin, Calculations of Thermal Processes in Welding [in Russian], Mashgiz, Moscow (1951).Google Scholar
- 5.N. N. Rykalin, A. V. Podzei, V. E. Loginov, et al., “Calculation and modeling of temperature fields and parts in grinding and milling,” Vestn. Mashinostr., No. 11, 74–80 (1963).Google Scholar
- 6.N. Yu. Taits, Steel Heating Technology [in Russian], Metallurgizdat, Moscow (1962).Google Scholar
- 7.B. G. Livshits, Physical Properties of Metals and Alloys [in Russian], Mashgiz, Moscow (1956).Google Scholar
- 8.A. I. Bezykornov and L. S. Shishkin, “Surface quality in the flat surface grinding of porous materials,” Poroshk. Metall., No. 3, 80–86 (1975).Google Scholar