Calculation of the thermal expansion of reinforced metals
A method is proposed for calculating the CTE of composite materials reinforced with unidirectionally oriented fibers, in which account is taken of the elastic-plastic behavior of the components of the composites.
The relationships derived were verified by experiments on VZh98 alloy reinforced with tungsten fibers, which showed good agreement between calculated and experimental values of CTE.
Allowing for the internal stress set up in a composite material as a result of elastic-plastic behavior of its components makes it possible to explain the shape of the CTE vs temperature curve of the composite.
KeywordsTungsten Thermal Expansion Composite Material Internal Stress Temperature Curve
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. M. Chubarov, Yu. V. Levinskii, etal., Probl. Prochnosti, No. 7, 100 (1971).Google Scholar
- 2.D. M. Karpinos and L. I. Tuchinskii, Poroshkovaya Met., No. 9, 85 (1968).Google Scholar
- 3.D. M. Karpinos and L. I. Tuchinskii, Poroshkovaya Met., No. 11, 77 (1968).Google Scholar
- 4.F. F. Khimushin, Heat-Resisting Steels and Alloys [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1969).Google Scholar
- 5.Vargaftik (editor), A Handbook of the Thermophysical Properties of Materials [in Russian], Moscow (1956).Google Scholar