Changes in mitotic activity in the corneal epithelium of rats of different ages after nociceptive stimulation
- 9 Downloads
The effect of nociceptive stimulation on mitotic activity in the corneal epithelium was investigated in 21-day-old rat fetuses and in rats aged 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 15, 20, and 25 days. Mitotic activity was not significantly changed 45 min after nociceptive stimulation of the animals (amputation of one-third of the tail) in the corneal of the fetuses and day-old rats. Between the 3rd and 10th days of postnatal development reactive inhibition of mitosis in response to nociceptive stimulation was gradually formed. After 10 days this response was intensified and reached a maximum by the 25th day. Reactive inhibition of mitotic activity is connected with delayed entry of the cells into mitosis.
Key wordsCorneal epithelium nociceptive stimulation mitotic index
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. A. Alov, G. Ya. Pavlenko, and M. V. Sukhinina, Byull. Éksp. Biol. Med., No. 4, 63 (1955).Google Scholar
- 2.V. N. Dobrokhotov and V. S. Valvas, Byull. Éksp. Biol. Med., No. 4, 102 (1974).Google Scholar
- 3.V. V. Kozlov, “Reactive changes in proliferative processes under normal and pathological conditions,” Author's Abstract of Doctoral Dissertation, Leningrad (1969)Google Scholar
- 4.I. A. Morozova, in: Experimental Investigations of Pain [in Russian], Lugansk (1968), p. 73.Google Scholar
- 5.O-Cheng, “Reactive changes in processes of cell division in different tissues of rats exposed to unconditioned and conditioned stimuli,” Author's Abstract of Candidate's Dissertation, Leningrad (1955).Google Scholar
- 6.A. K. Ryabukha, “Reactive inhibition of cell division and its dependence on neurohumoral influences,” Author's Abstract of Doctoral Dissertation, Leningrad (1974).Google Scholar
- 7.G. S. Strelin, I. B. Bychkovskaya, and V. V. Kozlov, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,99, 165 (1954).Google Scholar
- 8.G. S. Strelin and V. V. Kozlov, Arkh. Anat., No. 2, 3 (1959).Google Scholar
- 9.L. V. Suvorova, “Reactive inhibition of cell division in animals and development of their capacity for such inhibition in ontogeny,” Candidate's Dissertation, Leningrad (1955).Google Scholar
- 10.W. S. Bullough and E. B. Laurence, Proc. Roy. Soc. B,154, 540 (1961).Google Scholar
- 11.I. S. Friedenwald and W. Buschke, Am. J. Physiol.,141, 689 (1944).Google Scholar