Shock-wave parameters in the explosive expansion of effervescing liquid
- 28 Downloads
The parameters of the plane shock waves (SW) formed in the dispersion of a liquid volume which is superheated with respect to the external conditions are measured in a shock tube with a heated high-pressure chamber. It is shown that the basic contribution to the compression-phase pulse of the SW in the dispersion of a stratified liquid—saturated-vapor system is due to the evaporation of the liquid component. The wave amplitude is determined by the pressure ratio between the dispersing volume and the surrounding medium and depends weakly on the liquid properties.
KeywordsEvaporation Dynamical System Shock Wave Mechanical Engineer Explosive
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.W. Marshall, Basic Dangers of Chemical Production [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1989).Google Scholar
- 2.O. A. Isaev, M. V. Nevolin, V. P. Skripov, et al., Zh. Prikl. Mekh. Tekh. Fiz., No. 4, 72 (1988).Google Scholar
- 3.A. R. Edwards and T. P. O'Brien, J. Brit. Nucl. Energ. Soc.,9, No. 2, 125 (1970).Google Scholar
- 4.R. I. Nigmatulin, Dynamics of Multiphase Media [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1987), Part 2.Google Scholar
- 5.B. E. Gel'fand, S. P. Medvedev, and S. M. Frolov, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,301, No. 6, 1413 (1988).Google Scholar
- 6.B. E. Gel'fand, S. P. Medvedev, A. N. Polenov, et al., Teplofiz. Vys. Temp.,27, No. 6, 1159 (1989).Google Scholar
- 7.Refrigeration Technology [in Russian], Vol. 1, Gostorgizdat, Leningrad (1960).Google Scholar
- 8.N. B. Vargaftik, Handbook on the Thermophysical Properties of Gases and Liquids [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1972).Google Scholar
- 9.A. H. Nayfeh and S. D. Hassan, J. Mecan.,8, No. 2, 193 (1969).Google Scholar