Dynamic strength of spherical fiberglass shells under internal explosive loading
- 62 Downloads
In this article, we determined experimentally the response and made an estimate of the strength of fiberglass spherical shells,500 mm in diameter of two types of winding under radial-symmetric internal explosive loading. The advantage of shells with a more uniform thickness (15–20mm) of the load-carrying fiberglass layer is shown. On explosion of a charge involving an energy equivalent to1.4 kg ofTNT, this layer has an approximately twofold strength factor. It is established that the change from uniaxial (cylindrical shells) to biaxial strain in spherical shells does not change the magnitude of total strain at failure.
KeywordsDynamical System Mechanical Engineer Explosive Cylindrical Shell Fiberglass
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. G. Ivanov, “Dynamic failure and scale effect,”Prikl. Mekh. Tekh. Fiz. No. 3, 116–131 (1994).Google Scholar
- 2.A. G. Ivanov, A. A. Uchaev, V. A. Ryzhanskii, et al., “Impulsive failure of geometrically similar objects,”Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,261, No. 4, 868–873 (1981).Google Scholar
- 3.V. I. Tsypkin, A. G. Ivanov, V. N. Mineev, and A. G. Shitov, “Effect of the scale, geometry and the filling medium on the strength of steel vessels under internal pulsed loading,”At. Energ.,42, No. 3, 303–308 (1976).Google Scholar
- 4.A. G. Ivanov and V. N. Mineev “On the scale effects during failure,”Fiz. Goreniya Vzryva,15, No. 5, 70–95 (1979).Google Scholar
- 5.A. G. Ivanov and V. I. Tsypkin, “Strain and failure in fiberglass shells under extreme pulse loading,”Mekh. Kompozit. Mater. No. 3, 472–480 (1987).Google Scholar
- 6.A. G. Fedorenko, M. A. Syrunin, and A. G. Ivanov, “Dynamic strength of shells of oriented fibrous composites on explosive loading (survey),”Prikl. Mekh. Tekh. Fiz., No. 1. 126–133 (1993).Google Scholar
- 7.A. V. Aseev, N. N. Gorshkov, A. G. Demeshkin, et al., “An experimental study of fiberglass and Plexiglas depending on the strain rate,”Mekh. Komposit. Mater., No. 2, 188–195 (1992).Google Scholar
- 8.M. A. Syrunin, A. G. Fedorenko, and A. G. Ivanov, “Limiting strain in an oriented fiberglass shell on internal explosive loading”,Fiz. Goreniya Vzryva,28, No. 2, 87–93 (1992).Google Scholar
- 9.A. G. Ivanov, M. A. Syrunin, and A. G. Fedorenko, Patent 2009387 RF. Method of fabrication of a device for localizing explosion products, published 15.03.94, Bull. No. 33.Google Scholar
- 10.A. G. Fedorenko, A. G. Shimarov, and M. A. Syrunin, “Development and test of a high-pressure cap”,Prikl. Mekh. Tekh. Fiz., No. 2, 163–168 (1994).Google Scholar
- 11.A. G. Fedorenko. M. A. Syrunin, and A. G. Ivanov, “Effect of the reinforcement structure of oriented fiberglasses on the strength of annular cylindrical shells on internal explosive loading”,Mekh. Komposit. Mater., No. 4 (1991).Google Scholar