On the mechanism of weakening and breaking of gas detonation in channels with acoustically absorbing walls
The physical mechanisms of the weakening of detonation waves in channels with acoustically absorbing and, particularly, porous walls are analyzed on the basis of experimental data available. The effect of weakening (and breaking) of a multifront detonation wave due to the inelastic properties of the channel walls was numerically investigated within the framework of a simplified mathematical model for propagation of two-dimensional gas detonation. The role of different physical mechanisms in the narrowing of the domain of near-critical detonation regimes observed experimentally is determined. A criterion for effectiveness of the influence of the acoustic properties of the wall on the detonation wave is formulated.
KeywordsExperimental Data Mathematical Model Dynamical System Mechanical Engineer Physical Mechanism
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. A. Vasil'ev, “Near-limit regimes of detonation in channels with porous walls,”Fiz. Goreniya Vzryva,30, No. 1, 101–106 (1994).Google Scholar
- 2.A. A. Borisov and O. V. Sharypov, “Modeling of the structure of the unstable front of gas detonation,”Izv. Sib. Otd. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Tekh. Nauk, No. 2, 50–55 (1989).Google Scholar
- 3.A. A. Borisov, E. A. Pirogov, and O. V. Sharypov, “Modeling of detonation front dynamics,”, in: Combustion, Detonation, Shock Waves: Proc. Zel'dovich Memorial. Int. Conf. on Combustion, 12–17 Sept. 1994. Moscow: Inst. Chem. Phys.,2, (1994), pp. 434–436.Google Scholar
- 4.A. A. Borisov and O. V. Sharypov, “Modelling of the transition from the regular to irregular structure of the cellular front of gas detonation,”Fiz. Goreniya Vzryva,29, No. 3, 159–164 (1993).Google Scholar
- 5.S. Taki and T. Fudgiwara, “A numerical analysis of two-dimensional nonstationary detonation waves,”AIAA J.,16, No. 1, 93–98 (1978).Google Scholar