Evaluation of cytochemical methods for studying alkaline phosphatase localization in bacillus subtilis
- 18 Downloads
The possibility of using “lead” and calcium” methods for determining the localization of alkaline phosphatase in bacterial cells was studied. The unsuitability of a cytochemical medium containing lead nitrate for determining the true localization of alkaline phosphatase in microorganisms was demonstrated.
Key wordsBacillus subtilis alkaline phosphatase
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. N. Kondrasheva et al., “A method of determining inorganic phosphate from absorption spectra of molybdate complexes in ultraviolet light,” Biokhimiya, No. 3, 567 (1965).Google Scholar
- 2.V. M. Kushnarev, “Functional morphological characteristics of bacterial ultrastructures,” Doctoral Dissertation, Moscow (1969).Google Scholar
- 3.V. M. Kushnarev and T. A. Smirnova, “Electron microscopy of adenosinetriphosphatase,” Canad. J. Microbiol.,12, 60 (1968).Google Scholar
- 4.T. A. Smirnova, “Electron-microscopic study of the secretory function of bacteria,” Candidate's Dissertation, Moscow (1968).Google Scholar
- 5.T. A. Smirnova and V. M. Kushnarev, “Ultrastructure of B cells producing alkaline phosphatase,” Mikrobiologiya, No. 5, 872 (1970).Google Scholar
- 10.O. Lowry et al., “Protein measurements with the Folin phenol reagent,” J. Biol. Chem.,193, 262 (1951).Google Scholar
- 11.H. Mollenhauer, “Plastic embedding mixture for use in electron microscopy,” Stain Technol., 39, 113 (1964).Google Scholar
- 13.H. Moses and A. Rosenthal, “On the significance of lead-catalyzed hydrolysis of nucleoside phosphatase in histochemical systems,” J. Histochem. Cytochem.,14, 7 (1967).Google Scholar
- 14.A. Ryter et al., “Etude au microscope électronique de plasmas contenant de l'acide désoxyribonucléique,” Z. Naturforsch. B.,136, 597 (1958).Google Scholar
- 15.S. Spicer et al., “Fine structural cytochemistry of several phosphatases inE. coli,” Fed. Proc., 25, 539 (1966).Google Scholar
- 17.A. Wolf et al., “Histochemical studies on tissue enzymes. III. A study of the distribution of acid phosphatases with special reference to the nervous system,” Am. J. Path.,19, 423 (1943).Google Scholar