Conditions of reproduction of avian myeloblastosis virus as a source of revertase
- 8 Downloads
The conditions for reproduction of avian myeloblastosis virus, as the main source for isolation of RNA-dependent DNA polymerase, were studied in connection with the “revertase” project. Eight Soviet lines of hens were used. Day-old chicks received an intracardiac or intraperitoneal injection of 0.1 ml of the virus. The titer of the virus was determined with reference to its ATPase activity. Of the strains studied, highest susceptibility to myeloblastosis (up to 75%) and highest titers (over 1011) were observed in lines from the En'ya cross.
Key Wordsavian myeloblastosis virus hens susceptibility
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. W. Beard, Advances Cancer Res.,7, 1 (1963).Google Scholar
- 2.G. Beaudreau and C. Becker, J. Nat. Cancer Inst.,20, 339 (1958).Google Scholar
- 3.C. Becker, G. Beaudreau and W. Cestle, J. Nat. Cancer Inst.,29, 455 (1962).Google Scholar
- 4.E. Eckert, D. Sharp, E. Mommaerts et al., J. Nat. Cancer Inst.,14, 1039 (1954).Google Scholar
- 5.W. Eckert, N. Waters, et al., J. Nat. Cancer Inst.,14, 1067 (1954).Google Scholar
- 6.J. Green and E. Mommaerts, J. Biol. Chem.,202, 541 (1953).Google Scholar
- 7.E. Mommaerts, D. Beard, and J. Beard, Proc. Soc. Exp. Biol. (New York),83, 479 (1953).Google Scholar
- 8.E. Mommaerts, D. Sharp, E. Eckert, et al., J. Nat. Cancer Inst.,14, 1011 (1954).Google Scholar
- 9.W. Robinson and M. Baluda, Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. (Washington),54, 1686 (1965).Google Scholar
- 10.D. Sharp, E. Mommaerts, E. Eckert, et al., J. Nat. Cancer Inst.,14, 1027 (1954).Google Scholar
- 11.S. Spiegelman, A. Burny, M. Das, et al., Nature,227, 563 (1970).Google Scholar