X-ray investigation of transformations in zirconium dioxide after explosive loading
- 17 Downloads
Explosive loading of tetragonal ZrO2 with an ultradispersed structure increased the amount of the monoclinic phase. From the shape of the x-ray diffraction lines, conclusions were drawn on the domain structure of the ferroelastic phases of ZrO2 and how it changes during the explosion and after annealing. Adding 20% Al2O3 showed a stabilizing effect.
KeywordsDioxide Zirconium Dynamical System Al2O3 Mechanical Engineer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.P. F. Becher and M. V. Swain, “Grain-size-dependent transformation behavior in polycrystalline tetragonal zirconia,” J. Am. Ceram. Soc.,75, No. 5, 493 (1992).Google Scholar
- 2.Jan Fong Jue and Anil V. Virkar, “Fabrication, microstructural characterization, and mechanical properties of polycrystalline t′-zirconia,” J. Am. Ceram. Soc.,73, No. 12, 3650 (1990).Google Scholar
- 3.Jan Fong Jue, Jong Chen, and Anil V. Virkar, “Low-temperature aging of t′ zirconia: the role of microstructure on phase stability,” J. Am. Ceram. Soc.,74, No. 8, 1811 (1991).Google Scholar
- 4.Yu. F. Ivanov, A. V. Paul', N. A. Koneva, et al., “Plasmochemical method of obtaining ultradispersed powder materials,” Authors abstract, First All-Union Seminar: “Structural-Morphological Bases for Nontraditional Technologies for Modifying Materials,” Obninsk (1991).Google Scholar
- 5.V. A. Dubok, M. I. Kabanova, S. A. Nedil'ko, et al., “Effect of the synthesis method on the properties of partially stabilized zirconium dioxide powders,” Poroshk. Metall., No. 9, 56 (1988).Google Scholar
- 6.Creating New Materials with a Nanocrystalline Structure from Ceramic Powders by Using High-Energy Effects [in Russian], IGiL Report, Novosibirsk (1993).Google Scholar
- 7.Gan Feng Tu, Zhi Tong Sui, Qiang Huang, and Chang Zhen Wang, “Sol-gel processed Y-PSZ ceramics with 5 wt.% Al2O3,” J. Am. Ceram. Soc.,75, No. 4, 1032 (1992).Google Scholar
- 8.Y. Zang, B. Morosin, R. A. Graham, et al., “Shock-induced solid state reaction and phase transition: X-ray profile studies on shock-modified Fe3O4 and ZrO2 powders,” in: Shock Compression of Condensed Matter, 1989 Proceedings of the American Physical Society Topical Conference, Albuquerque (1989), p. 535.Google Scholar
- 9.R. A. Cutler, J. R. Reynolds, and A. Jones, “Sintering and characterization of polycrystalline monoclinic, tetragonal and cubic zirconia,” J. Am. Ceram. Soc.,75, No. 8, 2173 (1992).Google Scholar