Properdin and protein composition of the lymph and blood in burns
- 14 Downloads
Experiments on 25 dogs showed that burns are accompanied by a regular redistribution of plasma proteins between the body fluids and by increased lymphatic resorption. Retention of properdin, albumins, and α globulins in the tissues during burns was demonstrated indirectly. The degree of burning was found to depend on the initial properdin level.
Key Wordsburns properdin proteins lymph
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. A. Bagdasarov, I. L. Chertkov, and M. O. Raushenbakh, The Properdin System of the Body [in Russian], Moscow (1961).Google Scholar
- 2.V. I. Kurochkin, Byull. Éksp. Biol. Med., No. 1, 12 (1971).Google Scholar
- 3.V. I. Kurochkin and M. M. Minnebaev, Probl. Éndokrinol., No. 4, 74 (1964).Google Scholar
- 4.A. G. Fishkin and G. S. Berenson, Arch. Biochem.,95, 130 (1961).Google Scholar
- 5.D. Jackson, D. Flickinger, and J. Dunphy, Ann. N. Y. Acad. Sci.,86, 943 (1960).Google Scholar