The anaphylactic reaction and tachyphylaxis to eggwhite in albino rats
- 15 Downloads
Anaphylactic shock in rats may be provoked by an initial intravenous injection of fresh eggwhite. Previous administration of cortisone or desoxycorticosterone reduces the animals' resistance to the initial eggwhite injection, while adrenalectomy sharply decreases it.
Cortisone restores the resistance reduced by adrenalectomy, while DOCS produces no appreciable effect.
Resistance to eggwhite is also decreased on the 25th day after hypophysectomy, although to a smaller extent than in adrenalectomy.
Different doses of ACTH employed at various intervals had no visible compensatory effect.
The condition of tachyphylaxis occurred after the first injection of egg white. Preliminary cortisone and DOCS administration more or less preserved the ability to produce a tachyphylactic response.
KeywordsPublic Health Intravenous Injection Cortisone Small Extent Anaphylactic Reaction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- B. I. Kadykov, Byull. eksptl. biol. i med., volume 4, No. 5, pp. 518–520 (1937).Google Scholar
- B. V. Polushkin, in book: Collected Works of the Altai Medical Institute, In Russian. (Barnaul, 1957) volume 1, pp. 253–264.Google Scholar
- W. G. Clark, E. M. Mackay, Proc. Soc. Exper. Biol. and Med. (1949), v. 71, p. 86–87.Google Scholar
- L. H. Criep, L. D. Mayer, et al., J. Allergy 22, 314–329 (1951).Google Scholar
- J. Leger, G. Masson, and J. L. Prado, Proc. Soc. Exper. Biol., and Med. (1947) v. 64, p. 366–370.Google Scholar
- J. Leger and G. Masson, Am. J. Med. Sc. (1947) v. 214, p. 305–307.Google Scholar
- J. Leger and G. Masson, Ann. Allergy 6, 131 (1948).Google Scholar
- S. J. Malkiel, J. Immunol. 66, 379 (1951).Google Scholar
- M. Molomut, J. Immunol. 1951 v. 66 p. 379.Google Scholar
- J. T. Parker, F. J. Parker, Med. Res., 1924, v. 44, p. 263–287.Google Scholar
- J. R. Parrat, G. B. West, Brit. J. Pharmacol. 1958, v. 13, p. 65–70.Google Scholar
- W. D. M. Paton, Progress in Allergy, 1958, v. 5, p. 79–148.Google Scholar
- L. J. Reed, H. Muench, Am. J. Hyg., 1938, v. 27, p. 493–497.Google Scholar
- M. Schachter, J. Jalenik, J. Physiol., 1952, v. 118, p. 258–263.Google Scholar
- H. Selye, Endocrinology, 1937, v. 21, p. 169–188.Google Scholar
- H. Selye, Canad. M. A. J. 1949, v. 61, p. 553–556.Google Scholar
- P. E. Smith, Am. J. Anat., 1930, v. 45, p. 205–273.Google Scholar