Changes in the blood system associated with denervation of the duodenum
- 26 Downloads
The effect of duodenal denervation upon the blood system was studied in conditions of chronic experiment (5–6 months) in 8 male cats. Six control male cats were investigated simultaneously. Two waves of anemia development were observed: the first-hypochromic, microcytic anemia of regenerative type; the second-hyperchromic, macrocytic anemia of hyporegenerative type. Some possible mechanisms of biphasic anemia development are discussed.
KeywordsPublic Health Anemia Blood System Control Male Regenerative Type
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. P. Botkin, Prof. Botkin's Clinical Lectures [in Russian] (St. Petersburg, 1885).Google Scholar
- 2.Kh. Kh. Vlados, A. A. Bagdasarov, M. S. Dul'tsin, et al., in: Contemporary Problems of Hematology and Blood Transfusion [in Russian] (Moscow-Leningrad, 1936) Nos. 13–14, p. 41.Google Scholar
- 3.D. I. Gol'dberg, Essays on Hematology [in Russian] (Tomsk, 1952).Google Scholar
- 4.A. Ya. Gubergrits, Autonomic Regulation of the White Blood [in Russian] (Kiev, 1941).Google Scholar
- 5.R. A. Durinyan, Experimental Analysis of Anemias Induced by Denervation of Certain Internal Organs. Author's Abstract of Candidate's Dissertation [in Russian] (Moscow, 1956).Google Scholar
- 6.E. L. Kan, Data Concerning the Study of the Influence of the Nervous System on the Composition of the Blood. Candidate's Dissertation [in Russian] (Leningrad, 1953).Google Scholar
- 7.E. M. Semenovskaya, et al., in: Contemporary Problems of Hematology and Blood Transfusion [in Russian] (Moscow, 1952) No. 31, p. 87.Google Scholar
- 8.V. N. Chernigovskii and A. Ya. Yaroshevskii, Questions Concerning Nervous Regulation of the Blood System [in Russian] (Moscow, 1953).Google Scholar
- 9.H. Braunsteiner, E. Gisinger, and F. Pakesch, Acta haemat,10, 46 (1953).Google Scholar
- 10.E. Komiya, Die Zentralnervöse Regulation des Binebildes (Stuttgart, 1956).Google Scholar
- 11.M. Paulson and F. Harvey, J. AMA156, 1556 (1954).Google Scholar