A simple method of simultaneous graphic recording of the tone, motor activity, and evacuatory function of the stomach
- 13 Downloads
Following introduction into a dog's stomachof 0.5 to 2 liters of fluids (broth, milk, mashed bread and minced meat in a large quantity of broth), a simple system, based on the principle of connected vessels, enables simultaneous graphic recordings to be made of the tone and peristalsis of the stomach, as well as of the time necessary to achieve complete evacuation of the gastric contents.
KeywordsPublic Health Motor Activity Simple System Gastric Content Complete Evacuation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. N. Boldyrev, Dissertation: The Periodic Work of the Digestive Apparatus When the Stomach is Empty [in Russian] (St. Petersburg, 1904).Google Scholar
- 2.I. I. Veretyanov, Klin. Med.32, 71 (1954).Google Scholar
- 3.V. V. Gerbst, Terap. Arkh.1, 76 (1923).Google Scholar
- 4.Gaultier, Gastric Dyspepsias or Gastric Dystonias [Russian translation] (1930).Google Scholar
- 5.I. T. Kurtsin, Mechanoreceptors of the Stomach and the Work of the Digestive Apparatus [in Russian] (Moscow, 1952).Google Scholar
- 6.N. N. Savitskii, Terap. Arkh.3, 82 (1925).Google Scholar
- 7.W. Weitz, Dtsch. med. Wschr.76, 361 (1951).Google Scholar