Effect of spark discharge parameters on the ignition of gas mixtures
- 42 Downloads
The influence of the duration and spatial extent of a heat-releasing spark discharge on the critical conditions of spark ignition of a reactive gas is considered. A region insensitive to the effect of these parameters and, thus, suitable for work with the instantaneous source model is defined.
KeywordsHeat Release Heat Release Rate Ignition Energy Ignition Condition Electric Pulse Discharge
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ya. B. Zeldovich and N. N. Simonov, “To the theory of spark ignition of gas mixtures”, Zh. Fiz. Khim.,23, No. 11, 1361–1374 (1949).Google Scholar
- 2.V. N. Vilyunov, “To the spark ignition theory”, Dokl. Akad. Nauk,208, No. 1, 66–70 (1973).Google Scholar
- 3.V. N. Vilyunov, E. A. Nekrasov, et al., “On the mechanisms of spark ignition and transition to steady-state combustion”, Fiz. Goreniya Vzryva,12, No. 3, 361–365 (1976).Google Scholar
- 4.V. P. Karpov, V. V. Malov, and E. S. Severin, “Investigation of critical conditions for the ignition of methane-air mixtures by combined spark discharge with variable parameters”, Fiz. Goreniya Vzryva,22, No. 2, 3–9 (1986).Google Scholar
- 5.B. A. Petrenko, “Gas flammability and fundamentals of physics of fire- and explosion-safety engineering”, (Fire- and Explosion Safety [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1989).Google Scholar
- 6.M. M. Kekez and P. Savic, “Shock waves in spark kernels. Pt 1”, J. Phys.,40, No. 7, 255–256 (1979).Google Scholar
- 7.Yu. P. Raizer, Foundations of Modern Physics of Gas-Discharge Equipment [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1980).Google Scholar
- 8.P. S. Tromans and R. M. Furzeland, “A numerical analysis of the ignition of prefixed gases by heat addition”, Proc. 10th Int. Colloq. on Dynam. Explos. React. Syst., Calif., Berkley (1985).Google Scholar