Motor activity of the digestive tract in experimental renal hypertension and hypercholesterolemia in dogs
A disturbance of fasting periodic activity was noted in the stomach and duodenum of 2 dogs with experimental renal hypertension and 2 animals with alimentary hypercholesterolemia. This disturbance was mainly manifested in prolonged duration of the “working” period, especially of the duodenum. Rhythmic and peristaltic activity of the organs investigated remained unchanged in the mentioned pathological conditions. Preservation of the rhythmic activity leads to a supposition that in the given case excitability of the intramural nervous system changes to a lesser degree than that of the extramural system mainly controlling the motor periodicity.
KeywordsPublic Health Hypertension Nervous System Pathological Condition Motor Activity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.P. T. Andrenko, Vrach. delo (1957), No. 2, p. 149.Google Scholar
- 2.P. T. Andrenko, In: Prevention and Management of Cardiovascular Insufficiency [in Russian], Kiev (1957), p. 41.Google Scholar
- 3.B. A. Vartapetov, In: Problems of Physiology [in Russian], Kiev (1951), No. 1, p. 108.Google Scholar
- 4.E. S. Kastanayants, In: Collection of Theses and Abstracts of the 1953 Session of the Rostov-on-Don Medical Institute [in Russian], Rostov-on-Don (1954), p. 151.Google Scholar
- 5.A. M. Korepanov, Ter. arkh. (1959), No. 11, p. 57.Google Scholar
- 6.A. P. Kotova, In: Collection of Works of the Kursk Medical Institute [in Russian], Kursk (1955) No. 2, p. 67.Google Scholar
- 7.I. M. Liberman and M. M. Malkin, In: Collection of Scientific Works of the Krasnoyarsk Medical Institute [in Russian], Krasnoyarsk (1958), No. 5, p. 171.Google Scholar
- 8.M. Mamedova, Transactions of the Turkmen Medical Institute [in Russian], Ashkhabad (1957), 7–8, p. 203.Google Scholar
- 9.B. G. Mikhailovskii, In: Collection of Works of the Kursk Medical Institute [in Russian], Kursk (1955), No. 2, p. 75.Google Scholar
- 10.I. L. Chertkov, Farmakol. i toksikol. (1951), No. 6, p. 15.Google Scholar
- 11.I. M. Yakhnich, Klin. med., (1945), No. 1–2 p. 46.Google Scholar
- 12.I. M. Yakhnich and V. E. Semenova, Vestn. rentgenol (1947), No. 5–6, p. 38.Google Scholar