Changes in the buffer capacity of the tissues during endocrine disorders and growth of tumors
- 19 Downloads
The authors studied the buffer capacity in the tissues of animals with experimentally induced endocrine disturbances and experiments M-1 and sarcoma 45 by the method of potentiometric titration with the aid of a glass electrode. An increase of the buffer capacity in all the tissues was observed following adrenalectomy. Similar changes were noted in thyroidectomy, castration and tumor growth, i.e., reduction of the buffer capacity, mainly in the skeletal muscle tissue as well as in tissues of the brain, spleen, liver and kidneys. The decrease was even more marked in animals with tumors.
KeywordsPublic Health Skeletal Muscle Tumor Growth Sarcoma Muscle Tissue
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- .F. M. Lampert, Voprosy Onkol.2, 1, 39 (1956).Google Scholar
- .I. D. Nechaeva, in: Problems of Oncology 8 [in Russian] (Moscow-Leningrad, 1955) p. 33.Google Scholar
- .N. Okuneff, Bioch. Ztschr. 212, 1 (1929).Google Scholar
- .N. V. Okunev, int Collection Commemorating the 25 Years of Scientific Activity of Prof. N. N. Anichkov [in Russian] (Moscow, 1935) p. 248.Google Scholar
- .N. V. Okunev, in: Ten Years of Activity of the Leningrad Oncological Institute [in Russian] (Leningrad, 1938) p. 347.Google Scholar
- .N. Okuneff, Ztschr. Krebsforsch,1, 38, 631, (1932).Google Scholar
- .L. M. Shabad, Voprosy, Onkol.2, 1, 10 (1956).Google Scholar
- .W. Gardner, in: Advances in the Study of Cancer 1 [in Russian] (Moscow, 1955) 192.Google Scholar