Reflex control of vascular tone in anaphylactic shock
Experiments were conducted on rabbits and dogs under conditions of anaphylactic shock of medium intensity. The pressor reflexes inhibited at the beginning of the arterial hypotension not only recover their function but even become intensified, in comparison with the normal condition. This indicated that in the given state the ability of the vasomotor center to respond to the pressor stimuli is not only restored, but even intensified. Phasic parabiotic changes of the pressor reflexes were not observed either at the beginning of the reduced arterial pressure nor during its restoration. The stimulation of the corresponding efferent nerve by impulses of different intensity demonstrated that the so-called “rule of force” remained undisturbed.
KeywordsPublic Health Normal Condition Arterial Pressure Vascular Tone Efferent Nerve
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- .F. G. Akhmedov, Trudy Rizhsk, Nauchn.-Issled. Inst. Ortopedii i Vosstanovit. Khirurgii2, 277 (1952).Google Scholar
- .N. E. Vvedenskii, in: Physiology of the Nervous System 2 [in Russian] (Moscow, 1952) p. 314.Google Scholar
- .V. I. Volkotrub, Byull. Eksptl. Biol. i Med.,28, 10, 301 (1949).Google Scholar
- .T. D. Gaibov, Collection of Scientific Transactions of the Azerbaijan Research Blood Transfusion Institute 2 [in Russian] (1955) p. 31.Google Scholar
- .D. M. Zubairov, Abstracts of Proceedings of a Scientific Conference of the Faculty of Therapeutics and Prophylaxis of Kazan Medical Institute [in Russian] (Kazan', 1956) p. 12.Google Scholar
- .V. S. Kiselev, Theory and Practice of Clinical Medicine 2 [in Russian] (Moscow, 1951) p.140.Google Scholar
- .V. S. Kiselev, in: Problems of Reactivity and Shock [in Russian] (Moscow 1952) p. 315.Google Scholar
- .V. S. Kiselev and T. V. Migina, Arkh. Patol.12, 4, 17 (1950).Google Scholar
- .V. A. Negovskii, Pathophysiology and Therapy of Agony and Clinical Death [in Russian] (Moscow, 1954).Google Scholar
- .I. R. Petrov, in: Allergy [in Russian] (Kiev, 1937) pp. 220, 225.Google Scholar
- .M. T. Turkmenov, Sov. Zdravookhr. Kirgizii1, 22 (1956).Google Scholar
- .C. Maslinski and W. Karczewski, Acta physiol. polonica6, 373 (1955).Google Scholar