Changes in hemodynamic indices of dogs with experimental cholesterol atherosclerosis
- 12 Downloads
In dogs with experimental atherosclerosis the decrease of the ECG voltage was greated and occurred more often in the first lead. Changes and inversion of the T wave, displacement of the ST interval above and below the isoelectric lines, extrasystolic arrhythmia, and signs of atrioventricular block were also noted here. The BCG showed a reduction of the total amplitude, sloping of the BCG wave complexes, and early M, splitting of wave I, and deepening of the K. The changes in the ECG and BCG pursed the type observed in patients suffering from coronary insufficiency. The velocity of the pulse wave spread remained unchanged and any alterations therein apparently set in only at the later stages of atherosclerosis.
KeywordsPublic Health Cholesterol Atherosclerosis Pulse Wave Atrioventricular Block
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. V. Vinogradov, Terap. Arkh., No. 1, 76 (1952).Google Scholar
- 2.L. K. Lakshina, Evaluation of Sclerosis of the Great Vessels by the Velocity of Spread of the Pulse Wave (Candidate's dissertation) [in Russian] (Moscow, 1957).Google Scholar
- 3.A. L. Limcher. Functional Investigations in the Theory and Practice of Medical Assessment of Fitness for Work [in Russian] (Moscow, 1958), p. 52.Google Scholar
- 4.A. V. Mareev, Byull. Éksp. Biol. i Med. No. 1, 102 (1958).Google Scholar
- 5.V. N. Mentova and Z. T. Samoilova, Abstracts of Proceedings of the Tenth Scientific Session of the Institute of Therapy of the AMN SSSR [in Russian] (Moscow, 1959), p. 15.Google Scholar
- 6.V. V. Parin and A. V. Mareev, Atherosclerosis and Coronary Insufficiency (Moscow, 1956) p. 235.Google Scholar
- 7.C. J. Wiggers. The Dynamics of Circulation [Russian translation] (Moscow, 1957) p. 13.Google Scholar
- 8.A. N. Fedoseev, Byull. Éksp. Biol. i Med. No. 12, 101 (1958). Original Russian pagination. See C.B. Translation.Google Scholar
- 9.G. Wakerlin, and others., Circulation 5, 426 (1957).Google Scholar