Optimal design of flexible rod structural members
- 23 Downloads
The problems of optimal design of flexible rod members connected to a carrying body undergoing programmed motion with respect to the center of mass of the system, are examined. The problems are solved by solving directly optimal-control problems with phase constraints in the form of inequalities. The results of optimization of the shape of a flexible member, the distribution of mass and stiffness along a flexible member with an azimuthat contour of the axis, and determination of the optimal distribution of mass and stiffness along the member with the optimal contour of the axis are presented. It is concluded that inertially loaded flexible rods are extremely sensitive to the geometry and the distribution of material.
KeywordsOptimal Design Structural Member Optimal Distribution Phase Constraint Flexible Member
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. A. Troitskii and D. V. Petukhov, Optimization of the Shape of Elastic Bodies [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1982).Google Scholar
- 2.E. P. Popov, Nonlinear Problems of Statics of Thin Rods [in Russian], Gostekhizdat, Leningrad (1948).Google Scholar
- 3.V. L. Koshkin and I. O. Serpak, “Optimization with respect to the material usage in flexible spatially curved rods,” Soprotivlenie Materialov i Teoriya Sooruzhenii, No. 55, 90–93 (1989).Google Scholar
- 4.V. I. Gulyaev, V. V. Gaidaichuk, V. L. Koshkin, and V. I. Kravtsov, “Elastic deformation of a shaped spiral rod,” Prikl. Mekh.,24, No. 8, 85–91 (1988).Google Scholar
- 5.V. A. Bazhenov, V. I. Gulyaev, V. L. Koshkin, and Yu. A. Shinkar', “Optimization of shells of revolution with constraints on strength,” Stroitel'naya mekhanika i Raschet Sooruzhenii, No. 6, 1–5 (1988).Google Scholar
- 6.E. Hoag and Y. Arora, Applied Optimal Design [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1983).Google Scholar
- 7.V. A. Bazhenov, V. I. Gulyaev, V.L. Koshkin, and E. O. Markovskaya, “Numerical construction of the optimal control in Mayer's problem for a nonlinear mechanical system,” Dinam. Sistemy, No. 5, 74–79 (1986).Google Scholar
- 8.V. I. Gulyaev, V. A. Bazhenov, and E. A. Gotsulyak, Stability of Nonlinear Mechanical Systems [in Russian], Vishcha Shkola, L'vov (1982).Google Scholar
- 9.V. I. Gulyaev, V. A. Bazhenov, E. A. Gotsulyak, et al., Stability of Periodic Processes in Nonlinear Mechanical Systems [in Russian], Vishcha Shkola, L'vov (1983).Google Scholar