Thermophysical constants of porous sintered materials
An experimental determination was carried out of the thermal conductivity of sintered iron powder specimens as a function of porosity.
On the basis of the experimental results obtained and literature data, the thermal conductivity of steel 45 was calculated as a function of porosity and temperature. Information is provided on the influence of temperature on the specific heat of bulk steel 45 during quenching, and the thermal effects of transformations are demonstrated.
KeywordsIron Porosity Thermal Conductivity Thermal Effect Experimental Determination
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. Greber, S. Erk, and U. Grigull, Principles of Heat Transfer Science, editor A. A. Guchmann [Russian translation] IL (1958).Google Scholar
- 2.B. S. Petukhov, Experimental Study of Heat Transfer Processes [in Russian], Gosénergoizdat (1952).Google Scholar
- 3.S. N. Shorin, Heat Transfer [in Russian], Gosstroiizdat (1952).Google Scholar
- 4.M. Jacob, Heat Transfer, New York (1949).Google Scholar
- 5.V. V. Skorokhod, Inzh.-Fiz. Zh.,20, 8, 51 (1959).Google Scholar
- 6.D. I. Boyarintsev, Zh. Tekhn. Fiz.,20, 9, 1084 (1950).Google Scholar
- 7.D. I. Boyarintsev, Zh. Tekhn. Fiz.,7, 17, 1776 (1937).Google Scholar
- 8.V. S. Smirnov, A. F. Chudnovskii, and M. A. Kaganov, Theoretical Method of Evaluating the HighTemperature Thermal Conductivity of Porous Alloys, Tr. Leningr. Politekhn. East., No. 243 (1965).Google Scholar
- 9.V. I. Odelevskii, Zh. Tekhn. Fiz.,21, 6, 678 (1951).Google Scholar
- 10.B. E. Neimark and V. E. Lyusternik, Teploenergetika, 5 (1960).Google Scholar
- 11.Thermophysical Properties of Materials, Handbook, editor N. B. Vargaftik [in Russian], Gosénergoizdat (1956).Google Scholar
- 12.N. P. Morozov, Dissertation: Analytical Examination of the Residual Stress Generation Process in Quenched Steel Kolls [in Russian], Kuibyshev (1964).Google Scholar
- 13.P. B. Mikhailov-Mikheev, Handbook of Metallic Materials for Turbine and Engine Construction [in Russian], Mashgiz (1961).Google Scholar
- 14.Metallography and Heat Treatment, Handbook [in Russian], Metallurgizdat (1956).Google Scholar
- 15.A. I. Lazarev, Collection of Reports from the LITMO Institute, No. 20 [in Russian], Mashgiz (1956).Google Scholar
- 16.B. G. Livshits, Physical Properties of Metals and Alloys [in Russian], Mashgiz (1948).Google Scholar
- 17.A. L.Nemchinskii, Thermal Calculations in Heat Treatment [in Russian], Sudpromgiz (1953).Google Scholar