Diffusion of tin during growth of the Nb3Sn layer
- 25 Downloads
Growth of the layer of Nb3Sn during the diffusional interaction of niobium with tin bronze is due to the diffusion of tin from bronze to niobium along the grain boundaries of the compound.
The width of the boundary region in which diffusion of tin occurs in the process of annealing at 800° is ∼600 Å.
KeywordsNiobium Boundary Region Diffusional Interaction Nb3Sn Layer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. D. Nikulin et al., "Production and properties of superconducting cable wire of Nb3Sn and V3Ga," Tsvetnye Met., No. 9, 61 (1974).Google Scholar
- 2.V. Ya. Fil'kin et al., "Effect of heat treatment on the structure and properties of cable wire of Nb3Sn and V3Ga," in: Transactions of All-Union Conference on Technical Superconductivity [in Russian], Vol. IV, Atomizdat, Moscow (1975), p. 11.Google Scholar
- 3.M. Suenaga and W. Sompson, Appl. Phys. Lett.,20, No. 11, 443 (1972).Google Scholar
- 4.A. A. Bochvar et al., "Diffusion of gallium in the layer of B3Ga formed in the interaction of vanadium with gallium bronze," Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Met., No. 2, 192 (1980).Google Scholar
- 5.K. P. Yakovlev (ed.), Brief Physicotechnical Handbook [in Russian], Vol. 1, Fizmatgiz, Moscow (1960).Google Scholar