Models of staff support for mental health/mental retardation community boards
- 21 Downloads
With the advent of the 1975 Amendments to federal mental health legislation which call for community governing bodies to oversee local mental health services, the question of effective board functioning becomes crucial. This paper describes professional staff roles and staff support models that can be used to enable better functioning of community boards. Questions of placement in the hierarchy and selection of the worker are also addressed.
KeywordsPublic Health Mental Health Health Service Mental Health Service Health Psychology
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Act 6, 3rd Special Session, S-8, Oct 20, 1966.Google Scholar
- Dudley, J. Citizens boards for Philadelphia Community Mental Health Centers.Community Mental Health Journal. 1975,11, 410–417.Google Scholar
- Philadelphia Office of Mental Health and Mental Retardation.Guidelines for community participation, 1973. Name changed toRequirements for Community Participation, August, 1975. Philadelphia: Author.Google Scholar
- Price W. S. Associates.Manual on governance and policy planning for CMHC board members Silver Spring, Md.: Author 1975.Google Scholar
- U.S. Congress. Public Law 88-164, 88th Congress, S-1576, October 31, 1963.Google Scholar
- U.S. Congress, Public Law 94-63, 94th Congress, S-66, July 29, 1975.Google Scholar