Isothermal section of the molbdenum-iron-boron system
- 141 Downloads
The Mo-Fe-B system has been studied by x-ray structural methods and microstructural analyses, and the isothermal cross section at 1000‡C has been constructed.
It has been found that the ternary phase (Mo, Fe)3B2 has a crystal structure which is superstructural with respect to the U3Si2 type (for the composition Mo2FeB2 a=5.807±0.004 A, c=3.142±0.003 A).
For the composition MoFe2B4 the existence has been confirmed of a compound with a structure which is superstructural with respect to the Ta3B4 type, and the lattice constants have been determined (a=3.128±0.005 A, b=12.70±0.01 A, c=2.984±0.005 A).
Iron has a stabilizing effect on the high-temperature modification of MoB.
KeywordsIron Crystal Structure Lattice Constant Isothermal Section Microstructural Analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. Steinitz and J. Binder, Powder Metallurgy Bull.,6, 123 (1953).Google Scholar
- 2.M. Hansen and K. Anderko, Structure of Binary Alloys [Russian translation], Moscow (1962).Google Scholar
- 3.A. E. Vol, Structure and Properties of Binary Metallic Systems [in Russian],1, 2 (1959).Google Scholar
- 4.R. Kieffer and F. Benesovsky, Hartstoffe, Wien (1963).Google Scholar
- 5.A. Wittmann, H. Nowotny, and H. Boller, Monastshefte. f. Chemie,91, 608 (1960).Google Scholar
- 6.A. Chrétien and G. Hellgorsky, Comptes rendus Acad. Sci.,252, 742 (1961).Google Scholar