Feasibility of combining the sintering and carburizing processes for powder alloys
- 12 Downloads
It is expedient to combine the sintering of materials formed from iron powder and mixtures of "iron/alloying-element" powders with the carburizing process; this simplifies the procedure and is economically useful.
Combination of the sintering and carbonizing processes contributes to improved mechanical properties of the materials: σu by a factor of 1.1–1.5, and α by a factor 1.2–1.6.
The combined treatment variant will make it possible to expand the range of application of powder articles and to modify their fabrication at establishment involved with series production, which have carburizing equipment.
KeywordsIron Mechanical Property Combine Treatment Treatment Variant Powder Alloy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Casehardening of Cermets [in Russian], O. V. Roman, (ed.) Nauka i Tekhnika, Minsk (1977).Google Scholar
- 2.Ya. I. Kogan, V. E. Terletskii, V. S. Mokrovskaya, et al., "Fabrication of cermet components for electrical apparatus using casehardening processes," in: Heat Treatment and Casehardening in Powder Metallurgy [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1969), pp. 140–144.Google Scholar
- 3.A. F. Zhornyak, I. D. Radomysel'skii, and L. N. Kostyrko, "Effect of regimes used to fabricate iron-powder components on their structure and strength after carburizing," in: Heat Treatment and Casehardening in Powder Metallurgy [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1969), pp. 112–123.Google Scholar
- 4.V. E. Terletskii, "Carburizing process of cermet iron," Heat Treatment and Casehardening in Powder Metallurgy [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1969), pp. 73–76.Google Scholar
- 5.A. R. Poster, "Carbursintering and casecarburizing iron powder compacts," Int. J. Powder Metallurgy,4, No. 1, 31–38 (1968).Google Scholar
- 6.A. A. Shmykov, A. A. Kokorev, and L. G. Erchenko, "Methods of improving the mechanical properties of machine components fabricated by sintering iron powder," Leading Technical and Industrial Experience [in Russian], No. 1, TsITÉIN, Moscow (1961), pp. 1–7.Google Scholar
- 7.É. P. Yufa and V. E. Terletskii, "Cermet articles," Vestn. Mashinostr., No. 7, 84–85 (1958).Google Scholar