Examination of the effect of the polarizing field on the mechanical strength of anisotropic piezoceramics based on PbTiO3
- 17 Downloads
Results are presented of examination of the effect of a constant polarizing field of the mechanical strength of PKR-67 anisotropic piezoceramic material developed at the Scientific Research Institute of Physics at the Rostov State University. The strength of disk piezoelements in tensile loading was evaluated by the coaxial bending method. An increase of the strength of the constant polarizing field resulted in a nonmonotonic reduction of the mechanical strength limit. This variation of the mechanical strength limit is determined by the nonstationary nature of the processes of formation and growth of microcracks as a result of interaction of these microcracks with the rearranged domain structure and defects. In the field strength range Ep=(6–8)·106 V·m−1 it was possible to produce sufficiently strong piezoceramics with unique combination of the main electrophysical parameters.
KeywordsField Strength Mechanical Strength Domain Structure Tensile Loading Unique Combination
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. D. Grineva, “Problem of the anisotropy of piezoparameters of ferroelectric ceramics based on PbTiO3,” in: Piezoactive Materials: Physics. Technological, Use and Devices, No. 9, Rostov-on-Don State University, Rostovon-Don (1991), pp. 131–134.Google Scholar
- 2.E. G. Fesenko, Family of Perovskite and Ferroelectricity [in Russian], Atomizdat, Moscow (1972).Google Scholar
- 3.V. P. Zatsarinnyi, Strength of Piezoceramics [in Russian], Rostov-on-Don University, Rostov-on-Don (1978).Google Scholar
- 4.K. Okazaki and K. Nagata, “Effect of grain size and porosity on electrical and optical properties of PLZT ceramics,” Metalloved. Term. Obrab. Met.,56, No. 2, 82–86 (1973).Google Scholar
- 5.Ya. Kvapulinskii, Z. Surov'yak, M. F. Kupriyanov, et al., “Examination of the processes of polarization of ferroelectric ceramics,” Zh. Tekh. Fiz.,49, No. 5, 1049–1052 (1979).Google Scholar
- 6.OST 110444-87. Piezoceramic Materials. Technical Conditions, Issued 01. 01. 88.Google Scholar
- 7.H. Chimel, Procedures in Electron Microscopy [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1972).Google Scholar