The life of porous bearings relative to the grade of impregnating lubricants
- 10 Downloads
A comparative estimate was made of the service life of porous bearings under self-lubricating conditions between routine impregnations in relation to various grades of impregnating petroleum products.
Impregnation of bearings with Baku petrolatum ensures self-lubrication for a longer time in comparison with impregnation by machine and spindle oils. The antifriction properties of the mated pair are also better in the first case,
At high loads (temperatures in the friction zone) one of the criteria determining the service life of bearings under self-lubricating conditions is the degree of evaporation of the impregnating petroleum product: the smaller the degree of evaporation, the longer the longevity of the reserve of lubricant in the pores and the duration of operation between routine impregnations.
KeywordsEvaporation Petroleum High Load Service Life Petroleum Product
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Investigations in the Field of Cermets [in Russian], Collection of TsNIITMASh, Book 56, Moscow (1953).Google Scholar
- 2.N. N. Dorozhkin and Ch. G. Abdullaev, Poroshkovaya Metallurgiya, No. 10 (1965).Google Scholar
- 3.Petroleum Products and Refinery Products of Solid Fuels. Technical Specifications [in Russian], Standartgiz, Moscow (1963).Google Scholar
- 4.V. D. Zozulya and A. M. Grigor'ev, Poroshkovaya Metallurgiya, No. 8 (1965).Google Scholar
- 5.K. K. Papok and N. A. Ragozin, Technical Dictionary-Handbook on Fuels and Oils [in Russian], Gostoptekhizdat (1963).Google Scholar