Detection of an enzyme activity which cleaves m7 Guanine from m7 GMP in an extract of embryonic chick lens cells
- 17 Downloads
m7 Guanine was cleaved from m7 GMP by cytoplasmic enzyme activity in an extract prepared from embryonic chick lens cells. The appearance of m7-Guanine was proportional tot he time and concentration of extract. m7-Guanine inhibited the reaction but neither guanine nor ribose 5-phosphate did. m7 Guanine may be derived from m7 GpppG mRNA cap by two enzymatic reactions with m7 GMP as a product-substrate intermediate.
KeywordsEnzyme Activity Guanine Enzymatic Reaction Ribose Embryonic Chick
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Lavers, G.C., Exp. Eye Res. 28, 299–309 (1979).Google Scholar
- 2.Lavers, G.C., Mol. Biol. Reports 3, 275–281 (1979).Google Scholar
- 3.Lavers, G.C., Mol. Biol. Reports 3, 413–420 (1977).Google Scholar
- 4.Lavers, G.C., Mol. Biol. Reports 4, 233–236 (1978).Google Scholar
- 5.Hendler, S., Fürer, E. and Srinivasan, P.R., Biochemistry 9, 4141–4153 (1970).Google Scholar
- 6.Shapiro, R., Prog. Nuc. Acid Res. and Mol. Biol. 1, 73–112 (1968).Google Scholar
- 7.Hall, R.H., The Modified Nucleosides in Nucleic Acids. Columbia University Press, New York, 1971.Google Scholar