Microstructure of “Molecular” cermets
- 12 Downloads
Cermets were synthesized by the method of selective reduction of chemical compounds containing both cermet components and subsequent sintering of the reduction product.
The cermets produced were found to have a structure with finely dispersed and uniformly distributed phases.
It was established the uniform distribution of phases may be disturbed by two types of technological defect.
KeywordsMicrostructure Uniform Distribution Chemical Compound Reduction Product Selective Reduction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Molecular Cermets and Method of Their Preparation, US Patent 3,067,047.Google Scholar
- 2.I. S. Brokhin and A. B. Platov, Poroshkovaya Met., 7 (1965).Google Scholar
- 3.W. Schatt, Silikattechnik,8, No. 7 (1957).Google Scholar
- 4.E. M. Onitsch-Mode, Sintered Heat and Corrosion Resistant Materials, Transactions of Second Seminar, Plansee [Russian translation] (1959).Google Scholar
- 5.Cermets, Collection edited by W. Krendahl and G. Tinklepaugh [Russian translation] (Moscow, IL, 1962).Google Scholar
- 6.W. Richer, Silikattechnik,8, No. 9 (1957).Google Scholar