Durability and dislocation structure of nickel at high loading frequency
- 23 Downloads
Special features of the behavior of polycrystalline nickel fatigue curves, differing by various degrees of purity and by the method of obtaining specimens have been investigated. Fatigue tests were carried out at resonance bending vibrations at a loading frequency of 2 kHz. It was established that fracture on fatigue curves is connected with the qualitative change of the dislocation structure character, i.e., the formation at high stress amplitudes of cellular structure. It is shown that the parameters of the experimental curves, approximated by short straight line segments reflect the structure of the dislocation structure, formed during cyclic tests and qualitatively interlinked with the linear dimensions of the structural elements.
KeywordsFatigue Nickel Line Segment Fatigue Test Cellular Structure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. S. Ivanova and V. F. Terent'ev, Nature of Metal Fatigue, [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1976).Google Scholar
- 2.B. A. Movchan and V. B. Shevchenko, “A macroscopic approach to dislocation structure forming during fatigue of metals”, Proc. Acad. Sci. UkrSSR, Ser. A, No. 2, 48–52 (1986).Google Scholar
- 3.V. B. Shevchenko, T. A. Molodkina, and B. A. Movchan, “Interconnection of dislocation structure with fatigue life in cyclic tests of nickel”, Metallogizika,9, No. 6, 60–63 (1987).Google Scholar
- 4.Ya. B. Fridman, Mechanical Properties of Metals [in Russian], Mashinostroenie, Moscow (1974).Google Scholar
- 5.D. Knoesen, S. Kritzinger, Dislocation cell boundary widths and dislocation cell sizes in deformed copper, Acta Met.,30, No. 6, 1219–1222 (1982).Google Scholar
- 6.M. R. Staker, D. L. Holt, The dislocation cell size and dislocation density in copper deformed at temperatures between 25 and 700°C, Ibid.20, No. 3, 569–579.Google Scholar
- 7.D. E. Sonon, G. V. Smith, Effect of grain size and temperature on the strengthening of nickel cobalt alloy by carbon, Trans. Met. Soc. AIME (1968),242, No. 8, 1527–1533.Google Scholar
- 8.A. T. Winter, O. B. Pedersen, K. V. Rasmussen, Dislocation micrcostructures in fatigued copper polycrystals, Acta Mat.,29, No. 5, 735–748(1981).Google Scholar
- 9.Dislocation behaviour and the formation of PSB's in fatigued copper single crystals observed by HVEM, Tabata Teizo, Fyjita Hiroshi, Hizaoka Masa-aki, Onishi Kazushi, Phil. Mag. A,47, No. 6, 841–857.Google Scholar
- 10.K. V. Rasmussen, O. B. Pedersen, Fatigue of copper polycrystals at low plastic strain amplitudes, Acta. Mat.,28, No. 11, 155–202(1980).Google Scholar