On rates of convergence of information theoretic criterion in rank determination of one-way random effects models
- 43 Downloads
In this paper, upper bounds on the probabilities of wrong determination of the rank of covariance matrix of random effects in one-way random effects models are given, based on the information theoretic criterion. Under weak conditions, the bounds are shown of exponential-type.
Key words and phrasesRate of convergence information theoretic criterion one-way random effects model rank determination
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Anderson, T. W. (1984). Estimation linear statistical relationships,Ann. Statist.,12, 1–45.Google Scholar
- Anderson, T. W. (1985). Components of variance in MANOVA,Multivariate Analysis (ed. P. R. Krishnaiah),6, 1–8, North-Holland, Amsterdam.Google Scholar
- Bai, Z. D., Krishnaiah, P. R. and Zhao, L. C. (1989). On rate of convergence of efficient detection criteria in signal processing with white noise,IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory,35, 380–388.Google Scholar
- Schott, J. R. and Saw, J. G. (1984). A multivariate one-way classification model with random effects,J. Multivariate Anal.,15, 1–12.Google Scholar
- Tam, K. W. and Wu, Y. (1991). On the convergence of general information theoretic criteria in signal processing when the covariance matrix is arbitrary,IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory,37, 1667–1671.Google Scholar
- Zhao, L. C., Krishnaiah, P. R. and Bai, Z. D. (1986). On detection of the number of signals when the noise covariance matrix is arbitrary,J. Multivariate Anal.,20, 26–48.Google Scholar