Compressibility of Kh18N15 stainless-steel powders
- 38 Downloads
A study was made of the compressibility of simultaneously reduced Kh18N15 stainless-steel powders of different particle sizes, particle-size distributions, and apparent densities. It is shown that, when compaction pressure is specified, the decisive influence on the degree of compression of the powder is exerted by the latter's apparent density.
Calculated data have been obtained, using various compaction equations, for Kh18N15 stainless-steel powder. It is demonstrated that good agreement between experimental and calculated values is secured by Bal'shin's logarithmic equation.
KeywordsParticle Size Compaction Compressibility Apparent Density Compaction Pressure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.F. A. Eisenkolb, Powder Metallurgy [Russian translation], Metallurgizdat, Moscow (1959).Google Scholar
- 2.R. A. Andrievskii, Stainless Steel Filters and Porous Articles [in Russian], No. 2-63-212/2, TsITÉIN, Moscow (1963).Google Scholar
- 3.B. A. Borok, V. I. Gavrilin, V. G. Teplenko, et al., Author's Certificate No. 127029 (1959).Google Scholar
- 4.B. A. Borok and V. G. Teplenko, Powder Metallurgy, Sb. Tr. TsNIIChM, No. 43, Izd-vo “Metallurgiya,” Moscow (1965).Google Scholar
- 5.B. A. Borok, R. P. Shchegoleva, L. S. Golubeva, et al., Poroshkovaya Met., No. 3 (1964).Google Scholar
- 6.R. P. Shchegoleva, N. P. Reutova, L. S. Golubeva, et al., Powder Metallurgy, Sb. Tr. TsNIIChM, No. 43, Izd-vo “Metallurgiya” Moscow (1965).Google Scholar
- 7.M. Yu. Bal'shin, Powder Metals Science [in Russian], Metallurgizdat, Moscow (1948).Google Scholar
- 8.G. A. Meerson, Poroshkovaya Met., No. 5 (1962).Google Scholar
- 9.N. F. Kunin and B. D. Yurchenko, Poroshkovaya Met., No. 6 (1963).Google Scholar
- 10.A. N. Nikolaev, Poroshkovaya Met., No. 3 (1962).Google Scholar