Influence of the degree of particle deformation in a pressed compact on grain growth during heating
- 12 Downloads
An investigation has been conducted into the influence of the degree of particle deformation in pressed compacts on the grain-growth process during subsequent heating. It is demonstrated that higher compaction pressure promotes a reduction in grain size when the compact is held for a short time at the required temperature.
The inhibiting effect of the pores on the grain-growth process has been confirmed once again.
A study was made of grain growth in porous compacts during isothermal holding. It is shown that the crystalline grains in compacts with 10% of pores have a greater capacity for growth in the course of time than the grains in compacts with 20% of pores.
A comparison has been made of grain growth in a pressed compact and in a compact re-pressed under the same pressure. It is demonstrated that interfacial boundaries between the powder particles provide additional recrystallization centers.
The influence of nonuniform pressure distribution in the pressed compacts on grain growth during subsequent heating has been established.
KeywordsGrain Size Recrystallization Compaction Pressure Distribution Powder Particle
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. O. Kornfeld, Phys. Z. d. Sowjetunion,7, 432, 1935 (1942).Google Scholar
- 2.Phys. Z. d. Sowjetunion,6, 537 (1934).Google Scholar
- 3.A. E. Von Arkel and M. G. V. Braggen, Z. für Physik,42, 795 (1927).Google Scholar
- 4.A. A. Bochvar, Metal Science [in Russian], Metallurgizdat (1945).Google Scholar
- 5.M. Yu. Bal'shin, Powder Metal Science [in Russian], Metallurgizdat (1948).Google Scholar
- 6.W. D. Jones, Fundamental Principles of Powder Metallurgy, Edward Arnold (Publishers) (1965).Google Scholar
- 7.Symposium on Powder Metallurgy (1964).Google Scholar
- 8.Men Scient Rew. Metallurgie, No. 3 (1966).Google Scholar
- 9.R. A. Andrievskii and I. M. Fedorchenko, Inzh-Fiz. Zh.,3, No. 3 (1960).Google Scholar
- 10.S. A. Saltykov, Stereometric Metallography [in Russian], Metallurgizdat (1958).Google Scholar
- 11.Ya. S. Umanskii et al., Physical Metallurgy [in Russian], Metallurgizdat (1955).Google Scholar
- 12.A. Gulyaev, Metal Science [in Russian], Oborongiz (1951).Google Scholar