Magnesium-thermal non-furnace production of boron from boron anhydride
- 19 Downloads
Amorphous boron with an 80–85% content of the primary materials has been produced by a method of magnesium-thermal non-furnace reduction.
The influence of an excess or deficiency of magnesium and of additions of a starting mixture on the product yield were studied.
The optimum quantity of oxidizer (potassium chlorate) and of magnesium to obtain the maximum yield of boron were determined.
KeywordsPotassium Magnesium Boron Anhydride Chlorate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. Moissan, C. R.,114, 392 (1892).Google Scholar
- 2.H. Moissan, Ann. Chim.,6, 296 (1895).Google Scholar
- 3.L. Ya. Markovskii, Yu. D. Kondrashev, and G. V. Kaputovskaya, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,25, 433 (1959).Google Scholar
- 4.L. Ya. Markovskii, G. V. Kaputovskaya, and Yu. D. Kondrashev, Zh. Neorg. Khim.,4, 1710 (1959).Google Scholar
- 5.L. Ya. Markovskii and G. V. Kaputovskaya, Zh. Prikl. Khim.,35, 723 (1962).Google Scholar
- 6.A. S. Mikulinskii and others, Trudy Ural Nauch. Issled. Khim. Inst., Issue 5 (1958).Google Scholar
- 7.L. Ya. Markovskii and M. P. Belov, Zh. Prikl. Khim.,37, 1658 (1964).Google Scholar