Manufacture of steel-aluminum wire by the powder metallurgy method
- 51 Downloads
This investigation showed that it is possible to produce bimetallic steel-aluminum wire by the hot rolling of aluminum powder onto a steel wire followed by cold compacting rolling and drawing.
The mechanical and technological properties of a wire made by this method satisfy the requirements of the cable industry.
The conductance of the cermet aluminum part of the wire is the same as that of aluminum rolled from ingots.
A special mill has been developed for rolling bimetallic steel-aluminum cermet wire.
KeywordsAluminum Powder Metallurgy Steel Wire Technological Property Aluminum Powder
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. A. Vinogradov and Yu. N. Semenov, Rolling of Metal Powders [in Russian], Metallurgizdat (1960).Google Scholar
- 2.A. P. Semenov, Scizure of Metals [in Russian], Mashgiz (1958).Google Scholar
- 3.L. A. Ginzburg, Bimetal, A Substitute for Nonferrous Metals [in Russian], Metallurgizdat, Moscow (1943).Google Scholar
- 4.A. L. Tarnavskii, V. V. Gurylev, and B. B. Shurovskii, Bimetallic Wire [in Russian], Moscow (1963).Google Scholar
- 5.K. I. Vashchenko, V. V. Zhizhchenko, and A. N. Firstov, Bimetallic Aluminum-Iron Castings with Diffusion Links [in Russian], Leningrad (1962).Google Scholar