Role of melt viscosity in the formation of powder particles during atomization
- 27 Downloads
The principal parameter governing the shape of powder particles is atomization is the melt viscosity. A relationship is proposed determining the volume proportion of additions of various geometries, required for obtaining powder particles of a given shape.
KeywordsViscosity Powder Particle Principal Parameter Volume Proportion
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.O. S. Nichiporenko and Yu. I. Naida, Poroshkovaya Met., No. 7, 1 (1968).Google Scholar
- 2.O. S. Nichiporenko and Yu. I. Naida, Poroshkovaya Met., No. 10, 1 (1968).Google Scholar
- 3.W. D. Jones, Production of Metal Powders [Russian translation], Izd-vo “Mir” (1964).Google Scholar
- 4.V. V. Skorokhod, Poroshkovaya Met., No. 2 (1961).Google Scholar
- 5.J. K. Mackenzie, Proc. Phys. Soc.,63, No. 13, 1 (1950).Google Scholar
- 6.E. G. Shvidkovskii, Viscosity of Molten Metals [in Russian], Moscow (1935).Google Scholar
- 7.L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshits, Mechanics of Continua [in Russia], GITTL (1954).Google Scholar
- 8.V. V. Skorokhod, Powder Met., No. 12, 188 (1963).Google Scholar