Calculation of compaction of porous iron under compression. 3. Dynamic compression of porous iron
The results of an investigation of the dynamic deformation of porous materials (PM), averaged taking into account the influence of the strain rate and its thermal effects, are presented. It is shown that the approach described enables taking into account the viscous component of the resistance of PM. The coefficient of viscosity and the static resistance σst in the general case change during deformation in accordance with the change in the magnitude of the strain and the adiabatic heating of the material.
KeywordsIron Viscosity Compaction Thermal Effect Porous Material
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. N. Kukudzhanov, “Numerical solution of inhomogeneous problems of stress-wave propagation waves in solids,” Soobshch. Prikl. Mat., No. 6 (1976).Google Scholar
- 2.P. Roache, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Hermosa, Albuquerque, N.M. (1972).Google Scholar
- 3.A. A. Samarskii, Theory of Finite-Difference Schemes [Russian translation], Mir, Nauka, Moscow (1977).Google Scholar
- 4.V. V. Skorokhod, “Some physical properties of highly dense bodies,” Poroshk. Metall., No. 6, 33–38 (1967).Google Scholar
- 5.Ya. B. Zel'dovich and Yu. P. Raizer, Physics of Shock Waves and High-Temperature Hydrodynamic Phenomena [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1966).Google Scholar
- 6.G. V. Stepanov and V. I. Zubov, “Elastic compression of porous metals,” Probl. Prochn., No. 6, 36–40 (1989).Google Scholar