Well defined CuI(NO), CuI(NO)2 and CuII(NO)X (X = O− and/or NO 2 − ) complexes in CuI-ZSMS prepared by interaction of H-ZSM5 with gaseous CuCl
In this note an exchange procedure of the acidic protons of H-ZSM5 by CuI ions through reaction with CuCl in the gas phase is described. In the so obtained CuI-ZSM5 exchanged zeolite the CuI ions are in well defined configuration and form with NO mono and di-nitrosyl complexes of high structural and spectroscopic quality. The CuI(NO)2 species are transformed at RT into CuII(NO)X (X=O− and/or NO 2 − ) species which could represent an intermediate in NO decomposition.
KeywordsZeolites H-ZSM5 Cu-ZSM5 NO Nitrosyl complexes NO decomposition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J.A. Rabo,Zeolite Chemistry and Catalysis, ACS Monograph, Vol. 171 (1976).Google Scholar
- P.A. Jacobs,Zeolites 1 (1981) 161.Google Scholar
- H.G. Karge and H.K. Beyer, in:Zeolite Chemistiy and Catalysis, eds. P.A. Jacobs, N.I. Jaeger, L. Kubelkovà and B. Wicterlová (Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1991) p. 43.Google Scholar
- M. Iwamoto, H. Furukawa and S. Kagawa, in:New Developments in Zeolite Science and Technology, eds. Y. Murakami, A. Iijima and J.W. Ward (Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1986) p. 943.Google Scholar
- T. Inui, S. Kojo, M. Shibata, T. Yoshida and S. Iwamoto, in:Zeolite Chemistry and Catalysis, eds. P.A. Jacobs, N.I. Jaeger, L. Kubelková and B. Wicterlová (Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1991) p. 335.Google Scholar
- B.F.G. Johnson and J.A. McCleverty, in:Progress in inorganic chemistry, ed. F.A. Cotton (Interscience Publishers, New York, 1966) p. 277.Google Scholar
- P.S. Braterman,Metal Carbonyl Spectra (Academic Press, London, 1975).Google Scholar
- K. Nakamoto,Infrared Spectra of Inorganic and Coordination Compounds (Wiley-Interscience, John Wiley and Sons, New York, 1970).Google Scholar