Dynamics of plastic polygonal plates with rounded corners
- 25 Downloads
A method of calculating the dynamic deflection of rigidly plastic plates resting on a viscoelastic bed with complex piecewise-smooth support contours composed of sections of straight lines and circles under impact and explosion loading is presented. The general solution, which includes previously known partial solutions for circular and polygonal plates, is obtained. The results of calculation of the deflection of a square hinge-supported plate with rounded corners are presented for the case of the presence and absence of a plastic base.
KeywordsGeneral Solution Rounded Partial Solution Plastic Plate Rounded Corner
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. Hopkins and W. Prager, “Dynamics of a plastic circular plate,” Mech., No. 3, 112–122 (1955).Google Scholar
- 2.V. N. Mazlov, “Dynamic bending of circular rigidly plastic plates with stationary circular contours,” Din. Sploshnoi Sredy, No. 14, 57–66 (1973).Google Scholar
- 3.R. I. Mazing, “Effect of pulse shape on deflection of a circular plate,” Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR Otd. Tekh. Nauk, Mekh. Mashinostr., No. 6, 143–145 (1960).Google Scholar
- 4.W. Johnson, “Upper bounds to the load for the transverse bending of flat rigid-perfectly plastic plates,” Int. J. Mech. Sci., No. 11, 913–938 (1969).Google Scholar
- 5.E. Virma, “Dynamics of plastic rectangular plates,” Uch. Zapis. Tatus. Univ., No. 305, 289–299 (1972).Google Scholar
- 6.M. I. Erkhov, Theory of Ideally Plastic Bodies and Structures [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1978).Google Scholar
- 7.A. D. Cox and L. W. Morland, “Dynamic plastic deformations of simply-supported square plates,” J. Mech. Phys. Sol.,7, No. 4, 229–241 (1959).Google Scholar
- 8.Yu. V. Nemirovskii and T. P. Romanova, “Dynamic behavior of dual-coupled polygonal plastic plates,” Prikl. Mekh.,23, No. 5, 52–59 (1978).Google Scholar
- 9.Yu. V. Nemirovskii and T. P. Romanova, “Dynamic bending of plastic polygonal plates,” Prikl. Mekh. Tekh. Fiz., No. 4, 149–156 (1988).Google Scholar