Unexpected products of the allyldiethylamine hydroformylation homogeneously catalyzed by rhodium complexes
- 43 Downloads
Attempts to carry out the hydroformylation of allyldiethylamine homogeneously catalyzed by rhodium complexes led to unexpected formation of N,N,N′,N′-tetraethyl-1,4-diaminobutane and 4-(diethylamino)-1-butanole as final products. The role of the catalyst on the product formation and the reaction mechanism are briefly discussed.
KeywordsHydroformylation allylamines N,N, N′, N′-tetraethyl-1,4-diaminobutane 4-(diethylamino)-1-butanole homogeneous catalysis rhodium complexes
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J.F. Knifton, J. Organometal. Chem. 188 (1980) 223.Google Scholar
- A. Jegorov, T. Trnka, F. Tureček and V. Harmš, J. Mol. Catal. 63 (1990) 335.Google Scholar
- R.M. Laine, D.W. Thomas and L.W. Cary, J. Org. Chem. 44 (1979) 4964.Google Scholar
- M.E. Garst and D. Lukton, J. Org. Chem. 46 (1981) 4433.Google Scholar
- J.K. Stille and Y. Becker, J. Org. Chem. 45 (1980) 2139.Google Scholar
- S. Otsuka, Fundam. Res. Homogeneous Catal. 4 (1984) 145.Google Scholar
- A. Jegorov, Dissertation, Charles University, Prague, Czechoslovakia (1987).Google Scholar
- G. Strok and H.K. Landesman, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 78 (1956) 5129.Google Scholar
- S. Martinengo, G. Giordano and P. Chini, Inorg. Synth. 20 (1980) 209.Google Scholar
- D. Evans, J.A. Osborn and G. Wilkinson, Inorg. Synth. 11 (1968) 99.Google Scholar