Dependence of the low-temperature specific heat of YBa2Cu3O7−δ on δ and magnetic field: The H1/2T term for H≠0; absence of evidence for a T2 term for H=0
- 18 Downloads
Specific-heat measurements with improved precision on two new samples of YBa2Cu3O7−δ with relatively low concentrations of paramagnetic centers are reported. For one sample the measurements were made for different values of δ. The data are analyzed, and the data reported earlier for another sample reanalyzed, with an improved fitting expression. In each case, the data give a well defined H1/2T term in the mixed state. No persuasive evidence for a T2 term in the superconducting state is found.
PACS numbers74.25.Bt 74.25.Ha
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. E. Volovik,JETP Lett. 58, 469 (1993).Google Scholar
- 2.K. A. Moler, D. J. Barr, J. S. Urbach, R. Liang, W. N. Hardy and A. Kapitulnik, Phys. Rev. Lett.73, 274 (1994).Google Scholar
- 3.R. A. Fisher, J. E. Gordon, S. F. Reklis, D. A. Wright, J. P. Emerson, B. F. Woodfield, E. M. McCarron III and N. E. Phillips,Physica C 252, 237 (1995).Google Scholar
- 4.A. P. Ramirez,Phys. Lett. A 211, 59 (1996).Google Scholar
- 5.J. P. Emerson, D. A. Wright, B. F. Woodfield, J. E. Gordon, R. A. Fisher and N. E. Phillips (this conference),J. Low Temp. Phys., submitted.Google Scholar
- 6.M. A. Teplov, private communication.Google Scholar
- 7.O. N. Bakharev, M. V. Eremin and M. A. Teplov,JETP Lett. 61, 515 (1995).Google Scholar