Raman scattering in unconventional superconductors: Vertex corrections in the Hubbard and Coulomb models
- 35 Downloads
The electronic Raman spectrum for the experimentally relevant polarizations is calculated within a Hubbard-type model for anisotropic superconductors and compared with the results for the standard Coulomb model. The requirement of gauge invariance is shown to play an especially important role. The Raman A1g response depends rather sensitively on band structure.
PACS numbers74.20.−z 74-25.Nf 78.30.−j
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.T. P. Devereaux and D. Einzel,Phys. Rev. B 51, 16336 (1995).Google Scholar
- 2.D. Einzel and R. Hackl,J. Raman Spec. 27, 307 (1996).Google Scholar
- 3.W. Hayes and R. Loudon,Scattering of Light by Crystals, Wiley, New York (1978)Google Scholar
- 4.J. R. Schrieffer,Theory of Superconductivity, Addison-Wesley, Redwood (1964)Google Scholar
- 5.M. V. Klein and S. B. Dierker,Phys. Rev. B 29, 4976 (1984).Google Scholar
- 6.D. Manske, C.T. Rieck, and D. Fay (to be published)Google Scholar
- 7.The authors of Ref.1 have also come to this conclusions. T. P. Devereaux, preprint; D. Einzel, private communication.Google Scholar