Effect of porosity on the creep of niobium carbide and other materials during monoaxial loading
- 32 Downloads
The effect has been investigated of porosities from 5 to 35% on the creep characteristics during the compression of niobium carbide testpieces over the temperature range 2250–3200 °K and over the stress range 1–5 kgf/mm2.
The test data agree satisfactorily with the analytical relation\(\hat \dot \varepsilon = \exp (5n/\Pi )\), obtained on the basis of a model of a porous body, taking into account the complex stress distribution.
KeywordsPorosity Carbide Test Data Niobium Stress Distribution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. K. Mackenzie and R. Shuttleworth, J. Proc. Phys. Soc.,B62 (1949).Google Scholar
- 2.V. V. Skorokhod, Poroshkovaya Metallurgiya, No. 2 (1961).Google Scholar
- 3.V. V. Skorokhod, ibid., No. 12 (1965).Google Scholar
- 4.V. V. Skorokhod, ibid., No. 12 (1968).Google Scholar
- 5.J. D. McClelland, J. Am. Cer. Soc., No. 10 (1961).Google Scholar
- 6.R. M. Spriggs and T. Vasilos, ibid.,47, No. 1 (1964).Google Scholar
- 7.L. E. Adushkin, V. S. Bakunov, et al., Neorg. Mat., No. 4 (1970).Google Scholar
- 8.M. Yu. Bal'shin, Powder Metallurgy in New Technology [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1968).Google Scholar