Maximal deflection of cylindrical shells under a concentrated force
- 65 Downloads
The article presents a simple formula for calculating the maximal deflection of a circular closed cylindrical shell loaded by a radial concentrated force. It is shown that in the calculation of shells with medium length this formula yields results that are in good agreement with the known solutions in trigonometric series.
KeywordsCylindrical Shell Medium Length Simple Formula Trigonometric Series Concentrate Force
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. F. Obraztsov. B. V. Nerubailo, and V. P. Ol'shanskii, Shells under Localized Effects (Review of Publications, Main Results and Trends in Research) [in Russian], Dep. at VINITI February 12, 1988, No. 1222, Moscow (1988).Google Scholar
- 2.G. N. Chernyshev, “Deflection under a concentrated load in shells with positive curvature,” Prikl. Mat. Mekh.,31, No. 5, 883–886 (1967).Google Scholar
- 3.V. M. Darevskii, “Determination of displacements and stresses in a cylindrical shell subjected to local loads,” Prochn. Din. Aviats. Dvigatelei, No. 1, 23–83 (1964).Google Scholar
- 4.F. K. G. Odquist, “Action of forces and moments symmetrically distributed along a generatrix of thin cylindrical shells,” J. Appl. Mech.,13, No. 2, 106–109 (1946).Google Scholar
- 5.B. S. Koval'skii and A. P. Kuz'menko, “Deflection of a cylindrical shell under a concentrated radial load,” Prikl. Mekh.,7, No. 9, 102–105 (1970).Google Scholar
- 6.V. Z. Vlasov, Thin-Walled Spatial Systems [in Russian], Gosstroiizdat, Moscow (1958).Google Scholar
- 7.B. V. Nerubailo, Local Problems of the Strength of Cylindrical Shells [in Russian], Mashinostroenie, Moscow (1983).Google Scholar
- 8.V. A. Nikitin, “Approximate solution of the problem of action of concentrated forces on a cylindrical shell,” Uch. Zap. Leningr. Gos. Univ., Ser. Mat. Nauk, No. 280, Issue 35, 87–96 (1960).Google Scholar
- 9.P. P. Beilard, Stresses induced by local loads in cylindrical pressure vessels, in: Problems of the Strength of Cylindrical Shells, Oborongiz, Moscow (1960), pp. 29–42.Google Scholar
- 10.Yu. P. Zhigalko and N. G. Gur'yanov, “Pin-supported cylindrical shell subjected to local loads,” Issled. Teor. Plastin Obolochek, No. 4, 42–55 (1966).Google Scholar