Synthesis of pyrimidine analogs of folic acid
- 55 Downloads
In order to study their antimetabolic activity, we have synthesized the 2-methyl-4-amino-, 2,4-diamino-, 2,6-diamino-4-hydroxy-, and 2,4-dihydroxypyrimidine analogs of folic acid from p-aminobenzoyl-L-glutamic acid and the corresponding substituted 5-bromomethyl-pyrimidines. The high antimetabolic activity of the 2,4-dihydroxypyrimidine analog in the inhibition of the reductases of folic and dihydrofolic acids and of the 2,4-diaminopyrimidine analog in the inhibition of the reductase of dihydrofolic acid has been shown.
KeywordsOrganic Chemistry Folic Acid Pyrimidine Pyrimidine Analog Dihydrofolic Acid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. R. Baker and J. H. Jourdann, J. Heterocyclic Chem., No. 2, 162 (1965).Google Scholar
- 2.G. V. Chelintsev and D. E. Benevolenskaya, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,14, 1142 (1944).Google Scholar
- 3.G. Fodor, A. Gerech, I. Kishsh, et al., Zh. Obshch. Khim.,21, 1897 (1951).Google Scholar
- 4.Heterocyclic Compounds [in Russian], Vol. 6, Moscow (1960), p. 235.Google Scholar
- 5.L. J. Bellamy, Infrared Spectra of Complex Molecules, 2nd Ed., Methuen, London (1958).Google Scholar
- 6.N. A. Andreeva and R. I. Efimova, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,167, No. 4, 931 (1966).Google Scholar
- 7.N. A. Andreeva, A. V. Sergeev, and R. I. Efimova, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,168, No. 1, 204 (1966).Google Scholar
- 8.G. M. Timmis and D. G. J. Felton, J. Pharm. (London),9, 46 (1957).Google Scholar
- 9.J. A. Montgomery, Cancer Res.,19, 447 (1959).Google Scholar
- 10.B. Pulman and A. Pulman, Quantum Biochemistry [Russian translation], Moscow (1965).Google Scholar
- 11.J. A. Carbon, J. Org. Chem.,25, 1731 (1960).Google Scholar