An enzyme-linked immunoassay for the levansucrase ofZymomonas mobilis using specific antibodies produced against the cloned enzyme
- 23 Downloads
Levansucrase gene (levU) ofZ. mobilis had been cloned and overexpressed inEscherichia coli (Song, K.-B. and Rhee, S.-K. (1994)Biotechnol. Lett. 16, 1305–1310). The levansucrase was purified and specific antibodies against it were raised in rabbits. Specificity of the antibodies was demonstrated by Western analysis. By using the antibodies, an efficient, enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) amenable to immunochemical analysis of the levansucrase has been developed. The working range of levansucrase concentration in the developed ELISA was between 75 and 300 ng/ml. The assay was very sensitive to detect the levansucrase as little as 37 ng/ml.
KeywordsEnzyme Immunosorbent Assay Specific Antibody Western Analysis Immunochemical Analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Evans, T.H. and Hibbert, H. (1946)Adv. Carbohydr. Chem. 2, 253–277.Google Scholar
- Han, Y.W. (1989)J. Ind. Microbiol. 4, 447–452.Google Scholar
- Han, Y.W. and Clarke, M.A. (1990)J. Agri. Food Chem. 38, 393–396.Google Scholar
- Keith, K., Wiley, B., Ball, D., Arcidiacono, S., Zorfass, D., Mayer, J. and Kaplan, D. (1991)Biotech. Bioeng. 38, 557–560.Google Scholar
- Ohtsuka, K., Hino, S., Fukushima, T., Ozawa, O., Kanematsu, T. and Uchida, T. (1992)Biosci. Biotech. Biochem. 56, 1373–1377.Google Scholar
- Pollock, C.J. and Cairns, A.J. (1991)Annu. Rev. Plant Physiol. Plant Mol Biol. 42, 77–101.Google Scholar
- Song, K.-B. and Rhee, S.-K. (1994)Biotechnol. Lett. (1994) 16, 1305–1310.Google Scholar
- Tanaka, T., Oi, S., Ilzuka, M. and Yamamoto, T. (1978)Agri. Biol. Chem. 42, 323–326.Google Scholar
- Towbin, H., Staehelin, T. and Gordon, J. (1979)Proc. Natl. Acd. Sci. USA. 76, 4350–4354.Google Scholar
- Yoshida, Y., Suzuki, R. and Yagi, Y. (1990)J. Ferment, and Bioeng. 70, 269–271.Google Scholar