Long-term cytotoxicities of various pesticides evaluated by albumin secretion of primary cultured rat hepatocytes
- 29 Downloads
Primary cultured rat hepatocytes were used to estimate the cytotoxicities of various pesticides. The index was based on the inhibition of albumin secretion. Cytotoxicities closely correlated to the octanol/water distribution of pesticides. This estimation could be more reliable on the estimation of toxic effects on human health.
KeywordsAlbumin Toxic Effect Albumin Secretion
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ichikawa, K., Sakai, Y., Sakoda, A. and Suzuki, M. (1994)Biotechnol. Tech. 8, 385–388.Google Scholar
- Isenberg, D. L., “Ecotoxicology Monitoring,” ed. by Richardson, M., VCH Publ., Weinheim.(1993) pp. 3–15.Google Scholar
- Maron D. M. and Ames B. N. (1983).Mutation Res. 133, 173–186.Google Scholar
- Muraoka, S. and Yamanaka, S. (1982).Mutation Res.,102,13–26.Google Scholar
- Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, “OECD Guidelines for Testing of Chemicals,” Nos. 201–210, 1993.Google Scholar
- Seglen PO (1976).Methods Biol. 13, 29–83.Google Scholar
- US EPA : US Environment and Protection Agency Report on Suspect Carcinogens.Water Supply, Jun. 17 (1975)Google Scholar
- Utsumi, H., Hamada, A., Hayatsu, H., Hashimoto, T., and Aizawa, Y. (1990).Japan J. Water Pollu. Res.,1, 227–234.Google Scholar
- Verhaar, H. J. M., Van Leeuwen, C. J. and Hermens, L. M. (1992).Chemosphere. 2(4), 471–491.Google Scholar
- Wahlstrom, B.,Report No.8/1988, National Chemicals Inspectorate, Sweden.Google Scholar