Toluene ethylation over metallosilicates of MFI structure. Effects of acidity and crystal size on para-selectivity
Toluene ethylation with ethanol over Al-MFI and B-, Fe-, Ga-isomorphously substituted zeolites of MFI structure was carried out. The acid properties of the metallosilicates increased in the order B < Fe < Ga < Al. This order is reflected in the activity of the zeolites in terms of toluene conversion. The separate effects of crystal size variation and acidity change by isomorphous substitution on para product selectivity have been established.
KeywordsAcidity crystal size ethylation metallosilicates para-selectivity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- W.W. Keading, L.B. Young and A.G. Prapas, Chemtech 12 (1982) 556.Google Scholar
- W.W. Kaeding, L.B. Young and C. Chu, J. Catal. 89 (1984) 267.Google Scholar
- G. Paparatto, E. Moretti, G. Leofanti and F. Gatti, J. Catal. 105 (1987) 227.Google Scholar
- J. Kim, S. Namba and T. Yashima, Bull. Chem. Soc. Jpn. 61 (1988) 1051.Google Scholar
- F. Lonyi, J. Engelhardt and D. Kallo, Zeolites 11 (1991) 169.Google Scholar
- J. Kim, S. Namba and T. Yashima, Zeolites 11 (1991) 59.Google Scholar
- R.B. Borade, A.B. Halgeri and T.S.R. Prasada Rao, in:New Developments in Zeolite Science and Technology, eds. Y. Murakami, A. Lijima and J.W. Wards (Kodansha, Tokyo, 1986) p. 851.Google Scholar
- A.B. Halgeri, Y.S. Ehat, S. Unnikrishnan and T.S.R. Prasada Rao, in:Preprint of Symposium on Alkylation, Aromatization, Oligomerization and Isomerization of Short Chain Hydrocarbons over Heterogeneous Catalysts, August 1991, New York.Google Scholar