Role of the modifier in the enantioselective hydrogenation of ethyl pyruvate over Pt/Al2O3 catalyst
- 77 Downloads
The time dependence of the conversion and enantioselectivity during the hydrogenation of ethyl pyruvate has been studied over an industrial Pt/Al2O3 catalyst. Various cinchona alkaloids were used as modifier and two different modes were applied for their introduction into the reaction system. The dependence of the enantioselectivity on conversion is strongly influenced by the mode of introduction and the structure of the modifier used. The conversion dependence of the enantioselectivity is attributed to the chemical transformations of the parent alkaloid observed under hydrogenation conditions. Experimental evidence is shown for the dynamic nature of the interaction between the modifier and the catalyst.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Y. Izumi, Adv. Catal. 32 (1983) 215.Google Scholar
- M. Bartok et al.,Stereoselectivity in Heterogeneous Metal Catalysis (John Wiley and Sons, New York, 1985) pp. 511–524.Google Scholar
- A. Hock and W.M.H. Sachtier, J. Catal. 58 (1979) 276.Google Scholar
- Y. Orito, S. Imai, S. Niwa and G-H. Nguyen, J. Synth Org. Chem. Jpn 37 (1979) 173.Google Scholar
- Y. Orito, S. Imai and S. Niwa, J. Chem. Soc. Jpn (1980) 670.Google Scholar
- H.U. Blaser, H.P. Jalett, D.M. Monti, J.F. Reber and J.T. Wehrli, Stud. Surf. Sci. Catal. 41 (1988) 153.Google Scholar
- J.T. Wehrli, Ph.D. Thesis N08833, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, 1989.Google Scholar
- J.T. Wehrli, A. Baiker, D.M. Monti, H.U. Blaser and H.P. Jalett, J. Mol. Catal 57 (1989) 245.Google Scholar
- H.U. Blaser, H.P. Jalett, D.M. Monti, A. Baiker and J. Wehrli, Preprints, Div. of Petrol. Chem., ACS, 35(1) (1990) 19.Google Scholar
- A.B. Svensen, J. Planar Chrom. 2 (1989) 8.Google Scholar
- J.L. Margitfalvi, P. Marti, A. Baiker, L. Botz and O. Sticher, to be published.Google Scholar
- M. Garland, H.P. Jalett and H.U. Blaser, private communication.Google Scholar