NMR spectral study of two crystalline modifications of lithium metaborate, LiBO2
- 65 Downloads
7Li and11B NMR spectral parameters were obtained for the two structural modifications of lithium metaborate. We first studied the high-temperature γ-form of LiBO2, δiso(11B) ≈ 0, e2qQ/h(11B)=42.5±2.0 kHz, e2qQ/h(7Li)=155±5 kHz. The following values were obtained for monoclinic α-LiBO2 with tricoordination of the boron atom: δiso(11B) = 16±2, e2qQ/h(7Li)=32±10 kHz. The electric field gradient on the7Li and11B nuclei in the different crystal positions was discussed.
KeywordsPhysical Chemistry Lithium Inorganic Chemistry Boron Field Gradient
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.W. H. Zachariasen, Acta Crystallogr.,17, No. 6, 749–751 (1964).Google Scholar
- 2.M. Marezio and J. P. Remeika, J. Chem. Phys.,44, No. 9, 3348–3353 (1966).Google Scholar
- 3.H. M. Kriz and P. J. Bray, J. Magn. Reson.,4, No. 1, 76–84 (1971).Google Scholar
- 4.V. A. Kolesova, Fiz. Khim. Stekla,12, No. 1, 3–12 (1986).Google Scholar
- 5.A. Samoson, E. Kundla, and E. Lippmaa, J. Magn. Reson.,49, No. 2, 350–357.Google Scholar
- 6.K. D. Sen and P. T. Narasimhan, Phys. Rev. B,15, No. 1, 95–102 (1977).Google Scholar
- 7.G. L. Turner, K. A. Smith, R. J. Kirkpatrick, and E. Oldfield, J. Magn. Reson.,67, No. 3, 544–550 (1986).Google Scholar